After stressing about what size to make I ended up cutting out a size 6-8, but after it was all sewn together I took it in about an inch because honestly it looked like a very unattractive sack on me.
|Please focus on the unattractive sack|
and not the unmade bed
|Despite what this picture may lead you|
to believe, I am not "with child"
I do think I'll send up wearing it but I'm just not sure how I'll end up wearing it or how much. If I end up making it again, it'll probably be as a shirt and in a nice drapey, voile fabric. After that, I'll probably retire the pattern.
As for the details on this tunic I pretty much followed the pattern except that I just turned under the edges of the placket rather than topstitch it to the bodice front. I also ended up topstitching the top of the placket to avoid having to hand stitch it down (anything to avoid hand sewing).
I ended up finishing the bottom with about a 3/4 inch hem and the sleeves with a one and a half inch hem.
As for other details:
Pattern: Schoolhouse Tunic by Sew Liberated
Fabric: Atlas in the Wild World line by Jenean Morrison, purchased at West Seattle Fabric Company
Time To Sew: One day
Time to Getting Around to Actually Open The Pattern: One year