On Going Overboard

4.23.2011


I haven't celebrated Easter in a long, long, long time.  I can't remember the last time I dyed Easter eggs (in fact, I just asked my husband last night if you have to cook them first…duh!).  But there's something about having a little one that makes you excited about all the things that you used to be excited about.  Which is why I spent a ridiculous amount of money when I went to Target the other day.  

Giant chocolate bunny?  Of course O will one of need those.
Easter Pez dispenser?  Need one of those too.
Lindt chocolate ducks?  Well, actually I need some of those.

Needless to say, I'm a little excited for Easter this year.  Last year, O wasn't walking yet and would not have understood the concept of looking for eggs.  This year, O would stand on her head for another piece of chocolate (I wonder who she gets that from?) and so I know that she's going to be very excited by the idea of looking for Easter eggs.  And I'm excited for her excitement

3 comments:

  1. What a basket! How fun for baby O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup yup. Same boat. Bought the Lindt ducks too!

    I keep laughing at myself for getting so excited about a holiday I don't technically observe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you should see the boatload of crap I came home from Target with. We also have a unique situation with a blind 8 year old, a savvy 7 year old and a 20 month old experiencing his first real hunt. We enlist extra help with my mom and dad. The Easter Bunny gets a map posted on the front door with zones. Each child gets and area of the yard. It's all very technical and tiresome.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!