8 months

11.26.2012


My friend likes to say that C is the second child who should have been born a first child because she wants nothing more than to just be held and snuggled all day long...and who has time to do that with another child running around at home? 


I have to say that for me, though, C was born at just the right time.  I was far too overwhelmed with being a new mom the first time around to appreciate all those baby snuggles.  And I was often more interested in moving on to the next stage than appreciating the one that we were in (mostly because I was hoping that the next stage would mean that I could finally get some sleep!).  But knowing that C is most likely our last little one makes me appreciate the here and now of having her in our family.


I love snuggling up with her at night and petting the soft little hair on her head (yes, I realize that that makes her sound like a cat, but seriously, I do love petting her head). 


I love making her laugh so that I can see that one little tooth in her mouth.  I love when I look back after I walk away from her and I see her crawling, commando-style, after me.  And I love that as sweet as this little baby is, she still has the most bad-ass mean-mugging face. 



We like to say that this is the face that she pulls out when she's not impressed with our awesomeness.  Apparently, she's practicing for her teenage years.

9 comments:

  1. Definitely a look I recognize! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect addition to the holidays! Keep enjoying ... a teenlet is so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your two girls are SOO adorable! I, too, was also overwhelmed with my first child, now 26 yrs. old! My son was a little easier, now 23. They grow way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mean mug! She is just the cutest baby ever (well as cute as O and mine of course). I am glad you are getting to soak up the snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8 months! every time you post an update i can't believe it. she is so cute and i'd totally agree that i appreciate the snuggles from #2 baby much more than i did with #1. pretty nice being more relaxed into motherhood, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, boy! Watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures make my ovaries hurt! Such a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, 'We are NOT amused!' ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. She is ADORABLE (that mugging face is awesome). I feel the same way about my second baby. I spend so much less time freaking out this time, and I can enjoy it so much more. And I love those midnight snuggles so much, ah.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!